Do you plan to drop off your old electronics at the Village's electronics recycling event on Saturday, June 10? Before you do that, any smart devices, tablets, or laptops need to be wiped clean of your personal information. If you'd like some help with that, stop by the library on Friday and our Adult Services staff members will be happy to assist you in restoring your device to factory settings.
Please note that your device should be charged and that you should have your account information and passwords in hand. And remember: once the device has been wiped, the data on it is gone for good!
About the electronics recycling event: The event is Saturday, June 10, 9 am-12 noon at the Metra Parking Lot near the Glencoe train station. It is hosted by the Village of Glencoe and SWANCC. The following electronic items are accepted for recycling:
- Cable Receivers
- Cell Phones
- Computer monitors
- Computers (Desktops, Notebooks, Tablets)
- Converter Boxes
- Fax Machines
- MP3 Players
- Portable Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Printers (Multi-function Printers)
- Satellite Receivers
- Televisions (All Types)
- Video Game Consoles
- Video Recorders/Players
- Zip Drives
The June 10 event also is a Document Destruction event. Here are the guidelines:
- Paper must be dry, clean, and loose
- Remove metal clips, plastic sleeves, folders, and binders (small staples are okay)
- Place paper in paper shopping bags or cardboard boxes - NO PLASTIC BAGS - please!
- Limited to six bags or boxes